General hazards in a work environment include electricity, explosive materials, fire, flammable gases, heat, height, high pressure gases and liquids, hot gases and liquids, powerful or sharp moving machinery, oxygen-free gases or spaces, poisonous gases, radiation, toxic materials, work on, near or under water, work on, near or under weak or heavy structures.
List of well known Industrial Injuries:
- Air embolism caused by working with compressed air close to cuts in the skin
- Asbestosis caused by working near asbestos
- Caisson disease caused by working in a high ambient pressure environment
- Decompression sickness caused by working underwater in a high ambient pressure environment
- Silicosis caused by working in a confined, dusty environment
There are many methods on preventing or reducing industrial injures, including, anticipation of problems by risk assessment, safety training, safety clothing, breathing equipment, safety guards and mechanisms on machinery and safety barriers.
What is a Work Related Injury | Types of Injuries